The Ada County Landfill, and Household Hazardous Waste Facility, will be closed Saturday, July 4, 2015, in observance of Independence Day.
The Ada County Solid Waste Advisory Committee will be meeting July 8, 2015 from 11:30-1:00 in the Ada County Operations Conference Room. See the agenda here.
The Ada County Landfill seeks to pro-actively manage County waste disposal facilities, enforce applicable codes, and provide reasonably priced and environmentally acceptable methods for solid and hazardous wastes reduction and disposal for County residents and businesses.
The services provided by the 2,700-acre multi-use Ada County Landfill Complex include:
- Maintenance of a sanitary landfill for acceptance of wastes generated by County residents
- Operation of a permanent year-round facility for disposal of household and small business hazardous wastes
- Contractual oversight of the franchised trash collection in unincorporated Ada County ensuring compliance with trash pick up, recycling and rates
- On-site recycling programs for wood, tires, automotive batteries, refrigerators and air conditioners
- Educational resource for local schools and service groups