*Traffic Pattern Change*
For the next several months the traffic for the landfill will be directed to the Hidden Hollow Cell. Please follow the marked signs.
The Landfill will be closed Thursday, November 26, 2015 in observance of Thanksgiving Day. There will not be a Household Hazardous Waste Pick up on Thursday, November 26, 2015. The Landfill will reopen for normal business hours on Friday, November 27, 2015.
The Ada County Landfill seeks to pro-actively manage County waste disposal facilities, enforce applicable codes, and provide reasonably priced and environmentally acceptable methods for solid and hazardous wastes reduction and disposal for County residents and businesses.
The services provided by the 2,700-acre multi-use Ada County Landfill Complex include:
- Maintenance of a sanitary landfill for acceptance of wastes generated by County residents
- Operation of a permanent year-round facility for disposal of household and small business hazardous wastes
- Contractual oversight of the franchised trash collection in unincorporated Ada County ensuring compliance with trash pick up, recycling and rates
- On-site recycling programs for wood, tires, automotive batteries, refrigerators and air conditioners
- Educational resource for local schools and service groups